Volume 1, Issue 1
The Boys and Girls Clubs of the Upstate would like to officially say "Welcome to the Chensee Elementary Boys & Girls Club." We are excited to have your child in the club this year and look forward to a wonderful experience with them. We have an array of educational and fun program activities that we will conduct with your child this year. Please be sure to read each newsletter in its entirety as you find important pertaining to the club. As we embark on the year, please be sure to ask any questions as needed.
Students of the Month:
1st Grade: Jayla D.
2nd Grade: Miguel Q.
3rd Grade: Alexis K.
4th,5th Grade Boys: Tyquan D.
4th,5th Grade Girls: Brianna B.
Unit Director's Corner
- Please talk to you child about their behavior problems. Please make sure your child understands and follows the rules and consequences of the BGC. The Unit Director and staff have the right to take away field trips, and the Unit Director has the right to suspend members if your child does not follow the school and BGC rules.
- Parents, please make sure you fill out your volunteer forms, and return it to Mrs. Tasha. It is a requirement of all students' parents to volunteer for 1 hour per family, per week and pay $10 per child, per week. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Mrs. Tasha.
- BGC member must attend 3 days out of the week.
- All weekly fee payments are due every Friday. No exceptions.
- Please talk to your child about playing with their silly bands at the Club. If your child is caught with a silly band off their arm or they are playing with their silly bands, the staff will have permission to take them away. Silly bands will not be given back.
- Please make sure that you check your child's homework each day.
We are collecting can tabs for the Ronnie McDonald House. The tabs will be donated to the Ronnie McDonald Children's Hospital in Greenville, SC. The group that collects the most tabs will receive a pizza party. The last day to turn tabs in will be October, 30th.
Family Parent Plus Program
This month we will collect items for our festivals and parties at the club. We will be collecting chips, candy, and drinks. Parents can earn volunteer hours by donating the following items
- 2 bags of 22 or more individually packaged bags of chips = 1 hour
- 8 small bags of candy = 4 hours
- 4 large bags of candy = 4 hours
- 5 boxes of Debbie Cakes = 1 hour
- (3) 12 packs of canned sodas = 1 hour
- 4 bags of Oreos = 1 hour
- 5 packs of notebook paper = 1 hour